One of the most recurring questions among teachers is how much is too much when it comes to quizzing students. Research has demonstrated that quizzing students more frequently has a number of advantages.
- Quizzing students encourages students to review and read material throughout the course.
- Knowing the material well because of frequent quizzes leads to more self-confidence in discussing materials and ideas.
- Students actually attend class and show up on time.
- Quizzing causes the brain to better organize material which aids in memory.
- Quizzing students often also creates an environment conducive to learning and sets the right frame of mind for acquiring knowledge.
- A quiz can provide a good pre-activity for a lesson generating class discussion and sharing of ideas.
- Quizzes identify gaps in knowledge.
- Students look forward to finding out what the right answers are.
- A not-so-difficult chance at doing well leads to higher self-esteem and motivation.
- Quizzing often allows teachers to monitor learning.
- Quizzing encourages the learning of facts and aids in retrieval of information which builds a stronger foundation.
- Instructors obtain feedback about what is learned or not.
- Frequent quizzing encourages students to study and reduces procrastination.
- Quizzing often improves transfer of knowledge and application of concepts to new contexts.
- Frequent quizzes allow students to self-assess.
ScriptoPro gives you all the tools that you need to create effective quizzes for all learners.